Thursday, January 15, 2009

One Voice; one of the few songs that absolutely floored me

As I'm a die hard music lover, especially of Indian music and any type of Indo-Western pop/hip hop (I'm not sure what the exact genre is called), I found this Indo-Canadian group called The Bilz and Kashif who are absolutely AMAZING! Previously, I'd only heard a few of their more fun, dance, club-type songs, which I thoroughly enjoyed as they were very energetic, but recently on the website Desi Hits, I found out about there new song called One Voice.
One Voice floored me during the first listen; Each line made my jaw drop in awe. It is in absolutley powerful song with a mix of Indian flavor combined with mainstream pop and with a strong message.
Apparently, it was inspired after the group's visit to India. But the song is about the power of 'one voice' to make a difference in the world. It urged every one of us to stand up to change, and to speak out. It touched me deeply not only because the lyrics were so inspirational, but because every aspect of the song has something to do with what I stand for.
The fact that the Gayatri mantra and specific phrases which pertains to Indian classical music were used int he song reminded me of the great influence from India, Indian culture and music in my life. Then of course, the more mainstream pop feeling of the song is like the American world I live in. And the lyrics - the most important part - are everything I stand for in my life. 
The song also shows the power of music. Its set to a beat that you'd find on any radio station, very mainstream. 
 Music is a gift from the divine to human kind, and it can be used in any way. Some artists use it for money and selfish motives, others simply enjoy music, while even others want to send a very specific message to people everywhere. Music CAN make a difference, after all, its all about evoking that feeling in a person's heart. 

The Bilz and Kashif hit the nail on the head, and they have made me their loyal fans too:-)
This is their song, it is a MUST LISTEN, an absolutely inspirational song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7ktZF6U4Q

Leheria

No comments:

Post a Comment